Start off a new semester by reviewing some of the basics:
- 'Says' vs. 'Said' - Remember this advice comes from professionals at Poynter who've learned the rules first and now challenge thier skill and loyal readers by experimenting.
- Ask the AP Stylebook Editor - Ask a question or use the search tool for AP style answers from -- you guessed it -- the AP Stylebook Editor.
- Accuracy First - One of my favorite sites, No Train - No Gain, offers these tips for reporters.
- Spot news basics - News College out of Canada -- yes it's still applicable -- offers tips on how to cover breaking news.
- 799 Tips Every Editor Should Know Before Setting Foot in a Newsroom - This is a great booklet posted on Edit Teach.org. It's geared towards professionals but it has valuable lessions for new student editors.