Princeton University Summer Journalism ProgramPrinceton University will again offer it's all-expense paid summer journalism program for high school journalism students.
Now it it's seventh year, the 10-day program targets student journalists from unerresourced financial backgrounds. Eligible students must meet the following qualifications:
Note: If the combined income of the custodial parent(s)/guardian(s) plus child support payments, if any, exceeds $45,000 and a student still wishes to apply, he or she may attach a letter explaining why his or her family qualifies as financially underresourced.
- They must currently be sophomores or juniors in high school.
- They must live in the continental United States.
- They must have at least an unweighted 3.5 grade point average (out of 4.0).
- They must have an interest in journalism.
- The combined income of their custodial parent(s)/guardian(s) plus child support payments, if any, must not exceed $45,000.
Students must fill download, fill out, and submit the application as a Microsoft Word attachment. Upon completing the application, students must rename the document using the following format:Lastname.Firstname.docFor example, if the student’s name is Maria Sanchez, the title of the renamed document will be:Sanchez.Maria.docStudents should type their name and high school in the body of the e-mail. They must also put only the name of the Word document (e.g., Sanchez.Maria.doc) in the subject line of the e-mail. Students must e-mail the renamed MS Word application to firstname.lastname@example.org (Note: this is a Gmail e-mail address, not a Princeton e-mail address).
Deadline for submitting the application is 11:59 p.m., Feb. 20, 2008.Program directors will not grant extensions for any reason.The Interview
Program Directors will interview students either in person or over the phone. Students must provide (via U.S. mail) printed copies of the following:
Questions may be sent to email@example.com (Note this is a Princeton e-mail address) or to a voice message at (609) 258-8046.
- An official high school transcript
- The first page of the 2006 income-tax return form (the 1040 or 1040EZ form) of their custodial parent(s)/guardian(s), or a signed statement by their parent(s)/guardian(s) saying that their income is below the level at which they would be required to file income tax returns
- A recommendation letter from a teacher
- Clips from their high school newspaper or other publication (optional)Download the application here.For more information about the summer program click here.
November 7, 2007
TIME OUT: Free Princeton Program
#TheLastYear (2) ACP (11) AIDS (1) anthology (2) AP (6) Award (23) AWP (11) Borg of Trustees (81) Calaway (33) Calendar (16) Carlsen (61) Censorship (33) Commentary (48) conference (10) Culture (17) Diversity (19) ESU (2) Fabulous Queer Writers (1) Facebook (8) Familia (12) fat (1) First Amendment (40) Freelance (2) Gay (22) Headlines (3) Higher Ed (9) Hispanic Heritage Month (7) Infolist (58) Internship (22) JCCC (185) JCCClist (8) KACP (9) Kansas (9) Kansas City Star (21) KC Press Club (2) Lambda Literary Foundation (14) Latino (43) Latino Writers Collective (6) Latinx (1) Lexicon (6) LGBT (26) Library (9) links (5) LLF (15) manuscript (7) migrant (19) NAHJ (21) NaPoMo (15) News (124) Perilla (28) poem (34) Poynter (7) Pulse (2) Queer (24) Quote (4) Reading (9) SPJ (8) SPLC (10) Sports (6) Star Trek (3) Sun (6) The Ledger (72) Time Out (54) Trust Miguel (9) Twitter (5) TWP (1) Tyree (18) Video (8) Walking on the Ledge (11) WTF (5) Young Adult (24)